On the way from Ban Sing to Kuang Si Waterfalls, there lies a number of interesting attractions that are worth paying a little visit to. We’ve highlighted a few of them here, do let us know which attractions/activities you’d like to have on your tour. Total visit time for the waterfalls and all attractions/activities chosen should not exceed 4.5 hours.
Ban Saleuan Village Lunch with Ms. Phai
- Approximate time required for visit: 1.5 hours
- You’ll be warmly welcomed into the home of Ms. Phai, a San Baleuan local who is a long-time friend of
Bounmi’s and a fantastic lunch host! Savour an authentic Lao lunch prepared with delicious fresh ingredients, cooked by Ms. Phai herself. Ms. Phai and her husband used to work on large passenger
boats travelling between Thailand and Luang Prabang, with her husband as the captain and Ms. Phai as the cook on-board. Now, she whips up delicious Lao dishes in her modest kitchen for visitors. Whilst she may not speak English, she will most certainly shower you with the warmest hospitality while you are the guests in her home – a universal gesture which transcends a common language. See “Choice of Lunch Options” for menus.
Lao Buffalo Dairy Farm
- Distance to Kuang Si Waterfalls: 7km (10mins drive). Approximate time required for visit: 1 hour
- Located 7km from Kuang Si Waterfalls, you’ll come across Lao’s first Buffalo Dairy Farm. This new socially-responsible enterprise is located in Ban Muang Khay and they are pioneering a brand-new
industry in Laos – sustainable cheese. Run by a group of expatriates who now call Luang Prabang home, they started a commercial dairy and production facility to produce yoghurt, cheese, and ice cream for local and overseas consumption – staples that were part of their diet that was hard to find in Laos.
Kuang Si Butterfly Park
- Distance to Kuang Si Waterfalls: 300m (2mins drive)
Approximate time required for visit: 1 hour
- The Kuang Si Butterfly Park is one of Luang Prabang’s top eco-attractions. Located near the entrance of the Kuang Si Waterfalls, the Butterfly Park aims to raise awareness about the vulnerability of Laos’ ecosystem and educate visitors about the value of preservation of local nature and wildlife. Visitors are encouraged to wander through their landscaped rock gardens and learn about many varieties of butterflies and tropical plants that are on display.
+ Lunch at Kuang Si Butterfly Park
- You may choose to have lunch at the little café in the grounds of the Butterfly Park.
- Approximately 45mins to 1-hour required.
- See “Choice of Lunch Options” for menus.